stanD As oNe…Create movEment
The youth dance company was founded in Fall 2017, by Artistic Director, Diana Madrigal Barnitz. It was her intention to give dancers in the New Orleans community a chance to share their passion for dance through movement, performances, and collaborations with not only other dancers but artists in other fields of creative arts . Currently, NOLA Dance Project consists of 21 dancers between the ages of 7-18 years old.
Dance is by nature ephemeral, with each moment unfolding like a story. Our mission is to INSPIRE CREATIVITY by providing dancers, instructors, choreographers, etc with a place to work together and create works of art. We BEGIN CONVERSATIONS with our audiences by performing around the community and allowing the performer and spectator to meet and talk. We are committed to EDUCATING AND ENHANCING the local dance community by hosting world-renowned teachers, choreographers, and dancers to conduct master classes, lectures, and demonstrations that are open to the community.
As we embark on a new season, NOLA DANCE PROJECT invites you to consider making a donation so that we can continue to provide unique opportunities to dancers, choreographers, and artists.
Your tax-deductible contribution will directly impact the funding of future and current plans that include:
- Sponsoring guest teachers and dancers to share their passion for dance in person or over our new virtual platform. ,
- Create a Summer program with our sister school, The Studio School of Dance that will allow NOLA DANCE PROJECT to share dance through programs like Fairytale Dance Camp, Dance Boot Camp, and others.
- Provide safe performance opportunities for company members to share their talents with our community
- Professionally film performance pieces so that we can offer a digital season to our supporters.
- Plan the 2021-2022 season
- Allow us to continue to provide a safe studio space for dancers to create and thrive.
*NOLA DANCE PROJECT is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the charitable purposes of NOLA DANCE PROJECT must be made payable to “Fractured Atlas” only and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law